Data Visualization, often referred to as dashboarding, is delivering complex data in an easy-to-understand format. The goal is to make data-driven decisions that improve your business.
Quick analysis and fast turnaround of data makes for useful information in an efficient way. Many organizations deploy these tools for individual departments, and (often) to measure very specific KPIs with a strategy for long-term impact in mind.
Almost everything we touch these days is recording some type of data. Lots can be learned from that data if it is displayed in an easily digestible format.
A drawback of our modern systems is the lack of connectivity. The process of compiling data from diverse sources eats up time, which could otherwise be used for productive data analysis. By compiling important company health data into a single-source-of-truth you will be able to reduce the loss of profitable business opportunities.
With our expertise in data visualization, we help you arrive at informed decisions and achieve operational excellence by analyzing data in one single place. We connect disparate systems and assimilate data seamlessly to fine-tune your analytic capabilities.
Where to start?
Before beginning to visual your data there are several important items to discuss
- Where is your data stored?
- How accessible is it? Is their an API?
- How clean and updated is your data?
- It doesn’t do any good to visualize corrupt or incomplete data.
- What do you want to measure?
- Your dashboard should contain metrics that will indicated the health and direction of your company
- How often can the data update?
- Dashboards should feature as close to live data as possible so decisions can be made early enough to affect change
What can you measure?
- New Sales
- Enhancement Sales
- Budget vs. Actual
- Sales Goals vs. Actual
- Weekly/Monthly/Yearly Pacing
- Customer Engagement
- Human Resources
- New Hire Check-ins/Orientation
- Application Tracking
- Equipment Data
- Hour Tracking/Utilization
- GPS (idling/safety alerts)
- Service Completion Reports
- Quality Assessment Reports
- Service Visit Tracking
Simplified data makes dissecting and understanding complex or concealed patterns easy to recognize for faster reactions and better proactivity.
When everybody is looking at the same numbers it is easier to get teams moving in the same direction towards a measurable goal.
Stop making gut-driven decisions and make choices that will better your business.
Improved Customer Experience
When you have the ability to see what is happening with your customers in real-time you can quickly see if you are hitting satisfaction goals.