- Leadville, Colorado
- December 15, 2021
Seasoned management professional, experienced in steering innovative strategies that serve to generate revenues, build dynamic teams, and deliver 'red carpet' customer service to an increasingly demanding public. "Leading from the front" management style has been the catalyst for restoring morale, resurrecting damaged client relationships, and instituting the type of transparent communication channels that build and sustain trust.
● Tasked with the complete management of both the Plant Health Care and Tree Care divisions.
● Worked to effectively build client relationships and grow existing accounts.
● Found and closed new opportunities to increase divisional revenue.
● Maintained relationships with industry members, field sales, municipalities, and secondary markets to develop joint account plans and sales strategies.
● Performed coaching, managed, motivated and mentored sales representatives to help them reach goals with a hands-on, team-oriented approach.
● Led safety meetings and enforced safety procedures.
● Provided strong leadership and training to the production team.
● Inspected daily job sites, providing experience and insight to increase profits and revenue.
● Managed all maintenance and PHC operations in the Vail Valley Region.
● Served as the lead Plant Health Care (PHC) expert for all of Rocky Mountain’s customers.
● Managed all customer service and quality standards for very resort residences in Colorado.
● Oversaw crew scheduling, training, and financial management.
● Estimated new contracts, enhancements, and other add on work.
● Oversaw Division’s P&L, equipment, procurement, HR, contracts, and contract renewals.
● Promoted the company's products and services throughout a 3-state region.
● Sought and acquired sales through cold calling and servicing of established accounts.
● Developed a loyal customer base and increased sales volume.
● Conferred with existing and potential clients regarding specific landscaping needs.
● Advised appropriate construction and maintenance solutions.
● Achieved a strong record of outperforming sales goals, developing new business, and strengthening customer relationships.
● Analyzed competition, market positions, product lines, and service levels.
● Established a new Plant Health Care division of the company as a standalone business unit.
● Instructed clients, subordinates, co-workers, and supervisors concepts in horticulture and the diagnosis of common problems and pathogens in the landscape.
● Developed and administered an annual operating budget.
● Prescribed fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, and other inorganic or organic compounds required for plant development and care.
● Improved operations and decreased turnaround times.
● Streamlined work processes and provided high-quality seamless customer service.
● Hired and oversaw a staff of 12 reports.
● Oversaw maintenance, hardscapes, irrigation installation, repair, and maintenance.
● Located and established office location and yard facilities.
● Recruited, hired, and managed vendor contractors.
● Directed complete branch success.
Recruited as a field-based Quality Assurance Manager and later promoted to the corporate office as Assistant Director of Quality Assurance managing twenty-one subordinates.
• Arranged for the complete management of all commercial landscapes under
contract with Dentco, Inc. throughout the United States.
• Designed and implemented programs, policies, and procedures ensuring all
facilities were maintained in an operationally effective, clean, and safe manner
in accordance with various governing entities.
• Recruited, hired, and managed vendor contractors.
• Negotiated contracts with vendor contractors.
Recruited in a supervisory role to direct and optimize field operations by leading a team of technicians and laborers within a critical portfolio. Promoted to a management position directing the daily operations, functionality, and quality assurance of the new Charlottesville, VA branch.
• Planned and established work schedules, assignments, and production
sequences, to meet production goals.
• Determined standards, production, and rates based on company policy,
equipment, labor availability, and workload.
• Maintained operations data, such as time, production, and cost records and
prepared management reports.
• Recommended and implemented measures to motivate employees and improve
production methods, equipment performance, production quality, and efficiency.
Researched, developed, and conducted educational programs for resort guests
pertaining to local plant material, geology, history, and wildlife.
• Planned, organized, and directed the activities of seasonal staff members.
• Performed emergency duties to protect human life, property, and natural
• Constructed historical, scientific, and nature visitor-center displays.